July 24, 2015ISRS – Awards and Honors
International Society for Reef Studies (ISRS) – Awards and Honors
The ISRS awards acknowledge the scholarship and work of members within ISRS. The ISRS solicits and encourages nominations from members of the ISRS for each of the awards listed below:
Young Scientist Award
Mid-Career Scientist Award
Eminence in Research Award
World Reef Award
Please think of your well-deserving colleagues and submit a nomination. We encourage nominations of members from any country of origin. Additional details and nomination forms for each award can be found at http://coralreefs.org/society-awards-and-grants/awards-fellowships/
The closing date for receipt of nominations for each award or honor is 15 January 2016.
Nominations should be sent as a single .pdf or word file by email to the secretary of the Society’s awards committee, Dr Andrea Grottoli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The file should be named as AWARDNAME_NOMINATOR_NOMINEE.
July 22, 2015Seminar Announcement (Dr. Oscar Pizarro @ Sesoko)
The Sesoko Station invites you to attend the following seminar
Date：14:00-, 28 July, 2015
Venue：Lecture room, 1F of Administration building,
Sesoko Station, University of the Ryukyus
Speaker：Dr. Oscar Pizarro,
Australian Centre for Field Robotics (ACFR), the University of Sydney (Australia)
Title：Advanced coral reef mapping and monitoring with divers and robotic platforms.
July 22, 2015Galaxea, JCRS Vol.17 is available at J-STAGE
Dear JCRS colleague,
Galaxea, JCRS Vol.17 is available at J-STAGE.
Galaxea, JCRS Vol.17
Galaxea, JCRS Editor-in-Chief
July 7, 2015Important Notice: Now Open the Entry of “Theme Sessions” at JCRS 18th Annual Conference
The 18th Annual Conference of the Japanese Coral Reef Society (JCRS18th) will be held on November 26th to 29th, 2015 in Tokyo. We are making a plan to provide you with a new chance of “Theme Sessions,” specific sessions held in parallel, Nov. 29th (Sun). Within this framework you can have everything your own way to organize an interdisciplinary or a specialized session even with guest speakers of non JCRS members. Non JCRS members will be not charged with the registration fee if they join only at your session. We welcome many entries and hope all of you to enjoy lively discussions.
- Entry dates: July 7th (Tues) to July 24 (Fri), 17:00 (Japan Time)
- Entry website: http://goo.gl/forms/Dw5WwD4mNS
- Information needed for entry: your information as a convener, session title, session summary (less than 200 words), expected speakers’ information, etc.
- Please organize your session with four speakers and more including you.
- You can change the session title and your speakers at the regular registration (August 3 to September 25).
- JCRS18 Organizing Committee
- Chair: Toru YAMAGUCHI
- Dept. Ethnology and Archaeology, Keio Univ.
- Mita 2-15-45, Minato, Tokyo, JAPAN. Phone: +81-3-3453-4511
- E-mail: email@example.com