April 10, 2021Invitation to JASTE31 Hiroshima
We are pleased to announce that registration for JASTE31 Hiroshima (26-27th June 2021) is now open.
This conference will be held as “a hybrid conference”, in which you can participate either at the site (Hiroshima) or via online.
Please see the details of the conference at the link below.
As for the registration, please submit your information from the google form below.
We look forward to seeing you at the conference!
November 15, 2020Poster Presentation (SpatialChat)
“How to use SpatialChat for Poster presentatio”n is upoloaded.
Please see Presentation Guideline
October 20, 2020Mini-Workshops and Online Virtual Event
Program and summary of “Mini-Workshops” and “Online Virtual Event” are uploaded
October 5, 2020General rules on materials and works presented in the 23rd JCRS meeting
“General rules on materials and works presented in the 23rd meeting of the Japanese Coral Reef Society” is uploaded on website.
September 15, 2020Poster presentation (tentative)
Tentative version of poster presentation guideline is uploaded (link). we presume it may be of help to those who are planning to make a poster presentation.
April 3, 2020JCRS 23rd annual meeting at Ishigaki Island, Okinawa.
For JCRS members
Following the COVID-19, although the 14th ICRS of this year have been postpone to next year,
by now we are planning to ongoing for the JCRS 2020 20-23th Nov at Ishigaki despite the current situation.
However, there is still possibility that the schedule will be changed according to the circumstances of next months.We will keep announcing through ML and HP、if there any change or any news. Please keep checking those information.
Thanks and take care all.
Secretary General, Haruko Kurihara
November 28, 201914th ICRS financial support for graduate students and young researchers
The Japanese Coral Reef Society will provide financial support for graduate students and young researchers to attend the 14th ICRS in Bremen, Germany from July 5-10, 2020
Number of selected candidates: 5 applicants will be selected.
Financial support amount: 100,000 Japanese Yen
Deadline for submission of application: All required documents need to be sent by December 20, 2019.
For details, please refer to the PDF file.
Director of Planning and Operation Committee; Yasufumi IRYUn
International Coordinating Committee; Chair Beatriz CASARETO, Toshiyuki SUZUKI
July 27, 2017JCRS20: Call for “Theme Session” proposals
Dear JCRS members, The 20th Annual Conference of the Japanese Coral Reef Society (JCRS20) will be held at Tokyo Institute of Technology’s O-okayama campus (http://www.titech.ac.jp/english/maps/) on Nov 23-26, 2017.
We are now inviting “Theme Session” proposals for deeply discussing
specific research or interdisciplinary issues. The session organizers
are possible to invite less than two invitation speakers, who are not
necessary to be JCRS members and no registration fee.
The Theme Sessions are planning to be held parallel with the regular
sessions for expanding the number of the oral presentations. The
presenters of each Theme Session can be entry by selecting regular
session or suitable theme session. Time slot of your session will be
adjusted based on number of entries. The session organizers will
arrange the program of your session after abstract submission closes.
Proposals for sessions must be submitted by Aug 11 (Fri), 17:00 (JST).
Please submit your proposal via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) with title
of “JCRS Theme Session” and information of Name(s) of Organizer(s),
Affiliation(s), Session title, and Session summary (less than 150
If you have some questions, please contact us without hesitation.
JCRS20 Organizing Committee
January 13, 201613th ICRS Financial support for graduate students and young researchers by JCRS
The Japanese Coral Reef Society will provide financial support for graduate students and young researches to attend 13th ICRS in Hawaii from June 19-24, 2016
JCRS Planning and Operations Committee, International Coordinating Committee
Requirements for application of financial support are as follows:
1: Applicant requirements
(1) To be enrolled in the graduate school at master or doctoral programs in Japanor to be apart-time researcher (post-doctor)under 40 years old in Japan.Nationality is not exclusive.
(2) The candidate must be member of the Japanese coral Reef Society (JCRS)
(3) Candidate must be the first author of the submitted abstract and the abstract must be accepted by the convener of a mini-symposium.
(4) Both types of presentations (oral or poster) will be accepted
(5) Those applicants that had received student awards (grants) from 13th ICRS or financial support from Japanese Coral Reef Society in the past are not eligible
2: Application process
Applicants must send the bellow documents in pdf format by e-mail or post mail before the due date.
(1) Application form with name, affiliation, address, e-mail address, phone number and the applied mini-symposium number (or title).
(2) A document providing statements about significance of your research in coral reef science (1 page of A4 sheet)
(3) C.V. (since university enrolment, publication list, previous presentations in scientific symposia)
(4) Submitted abstract
(5) Recommendation letter from your supervisor if you are a student, or from the principal investigator of the laboratory if you are a part-time researcher.
(6) Letter of abstract acceptance by mini-symposium convener or organizing committee
3: Deadline for submission of application
All required documents need to be sent by February 29, 2016
4: Submit the documents to:
Professor Beatriz Estela CASARETO
Shizuoka University, Graduate School of Science
Mailing address: Shizuoka University, General Education Building C, room 405, 836 Oya, Suruga-Ku, Shizuoka 422-8529 JAPAN,
5: Financial support amount:
100,000 Japanese Yen
The successful candidates will be requested to send the receipts of registration fee and travel expenses for reimbursement to JCRS secretariat
Department of Earth and Planetary Science, Graduate School of Science,
the University of Tokyo,
c/o Hajime Kayanne,
7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo, Tokyo, Japan,113-0033
6: Number of selected candidates:
10 applicants will be selected.
7: An award certificate will be provided during 13th ICRS in a ceremony of awards organized by JCRS (International Coordinating Committee) (location and time to be decided) the selected candidates will sign receipts of received award.
- Successful candidates must submit a report regarding their activities during the13th ICRS including results of their presentations, until July 15, 2016.
- During 13th ICRS the JCRS will display a booth for advertisements of JCRS activities. All members that were benefit by JCRS award are requested to help during booth display time (distributing materials, explaining about JCRS, etc).
September 21, 2015Seminar Announcement (Dr. James Leichter @ AORI)
Atmosphere and Ocean Research Institute invites you to attend the following seminar
Date：15:00-16:30, 29 September, 2015
Venue：Auditorium, 2nd floor at
Atmosphere and Ocean Research Institute, The University of Tokyo
Speaker：Dr. James Leichter,
Scripps Institution of oceanography, UC San Diego (USA)
Title：Establishing a framework for collaborative Long Term Ecological Research in coral reef ecosystems of the central and western Pacific.
For more information;
Alex S.J. Wyatt
Biogeochemistry Lab., AORI, The Univ. of Tokyo
E-mail: wyatt at aori.u-tokyo.ac.jp