3rd APCRS Financial support by JCRS
3rd Asia Pacific Coral Reef Symposium. (3rd APCRS)
Financial support for graduate students and young researchers by
Japanese Coral Reef Society (JCRS)
The Japanese Coral Reef Society will provide financial support for graduate students and young researches to attend the 3rd APCRS to be held in Pingtung, Taiwan from June 23-27, 2014
Requirements for application of financial support are as follows:
1: Applicant requirements
(1) To be enrolled in the graduate school at master or doctoral programs or to be a
part-time researcher under 40 years old.
(2) Candidate must be the first author of the submitted abstract and the abstract must be accepted by the convener of a mini-symposium or the organizing committee. Both types of presentations (oral or poster) will be accepted
(3) Those applicants that had received student awards from 3rd Asia-Pacific Coral Reef Symposium (APCRS 2014) or financial support from Japanese Coral Reef Society in the past (2nd APCRS, 11th and 12th ICRS) are not eligible
2: Application process
Applicants must send the bellow documents in pdf format by e-mail or post mail before the due date.
(1) Application form with name, affiliation, address, e-mail address, phone number and the applied mini-symposium. Please provide statements about significance of your research in coral reef science (1 page of A4 sheet)
(2) C.V. (since university enrolment)
(3) Submitted abstract
(4) Recommendation letter from your supervisor if you are a student, or from the principal investigator of the laboratory if you are a part-time researcher
(5) Letter of abstract acceptance by convener or organizing committee
(6) Estimate of travel cost to the venue
3: Deadline for submission of application
All required documents need to be sent by
January 31, 2014 (extended to February 15, 2014) February 22, 2014, extended again because of related schedule.
4: Submit the documents to:
Professor Beatriz Estela CASARETO
Shizuoka University, Graduate School of Science
Mailing address: Shizuoka University, General Education Building C, room 405, 836 Oya, Suruga-Ku, Shizuoka 422-8529 JAPAN,
e-mail: dcbeatrATipc.shizuoka.ac.jp (Please replace “AT” by “@” when you send the documents.)
5: Financial support amount
70,000 Japanese Yen
The successful candidate will be requested to send the receipts of registration fee and travel expenses for reimbursement up to JPY 70,000 to JCRS secretariat
6: Number of selected candidates:
12 applicants will be selected.
5 applicants from institutes outside of Japan and 7 applicants from institutes in Japan