January 13, 201613th ICRS Financial support for graduate students and young researchers by JCRS
The Japanese Coral Reef Society will provide financial support for graduate students and young researches to attend 13th ICRS in Hawaii from June 19-24, 2016
JCRS Planning and Operations Committee, International Coordinating Committee
Requirements for application of financial support are as follows:
1: Applicant requirements
(1) To be enrolled in the graduate school at master or doctoral programs in Japanor to be apart-time researcher (post-doctor)under 40 years old in Japan.Nationality is not exclusive.
(2) The candidate must be member of the Japanese coral Reef Society (JCRS)
(3) Candidate must be the first author of the submitted abstract and the abstract must be accepted by the convener of a mini-symposium.
(4) Both types of presentations (oral or poster) will be accepted
(5) Those applicants that had received student awards (grants) from 13th ICRS or financial support from Japanese Coral Reef Society in the past are not eligible
2: Application process
Applicants must send the bellow documents in pdf format by e-mail or post mail before the due date.
(1) Application form with name, affiliation, address, e-mail address, phone number and the applied mini-symposium number (or title).
(2) A document providing statements about significance of your research in coral reef science (1 page of A4 sheet)
(3) C.V. (since university enrolment, publication list, previous presentations in scientific symposia)
(4) Submitted abstract
(5) Recommendation letter from your supervisor if you are a student, or from the principal investigator of the laboratory if you are a part-time researcher.
(6) Letter of abstract acceptance by mini-symposium convener or organizing committee
3: Deadline for submission of application
All required documents need to be sent by February 29, 2016
4: Submit the documents to:
Professor Beatriz Estela CASARETO
Shizuoka University, Graduate School of Science
Mailing address: Shizuoka University, General Education Building C, room 405, 836 Oya, Suruga-Ku, Shizuoka 422-8529 JAPAN,
5: Financial support amount:
100,000 Japanese Yen
The successful candidates will be requested to send the receipts of registration fee and travel expenses for reimbursement to JCRS secretariat
Department of Earth and Planetary Science, Graduate School of Science,
the University of Tokyo,
c/o Hajime Kayanne,
7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo, Tokyo, Japan,113-0033
6: Number of selected candidates:
10 applicants will be selected.
7: An award certificate will be provided during 13th ICRS in a ceremony of awards organized by JCRS (International Coordinating Committee) (location and time to be decided) the selected candidates will sign receipts of received award.
- Successful candidates must submit a report regarding their activities during the13th ICRS including results of their presentations, until July 15, 2016.
- During 13th ICRS the JCRS will display a booth for advertisements of JCRS activities. All members that were benefit by JCRS award are requested to help during booth display time (distributing materials, explaining about JCRS, etc).